Wednesday, January 27, 2016

D.I.Y. Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub


I often come across vendors who sell D.I.Y. organic scrubs in the shopping malls but as much as I love smelling them, I just can't justify paying RM30+ for what seems like just a cup of homemade scrub. 

So I decided to save some bucks and learn to make my own sugar scrub and after much research online (where I found loads of homemade beauty recipes) I decided to dive right in and make my own body scrub. 

These are the ingredients and cost of each item:
Coconut Oil                                RM16
Kaffir Lime Essential Oil            RM17.90
Coarse Sugar (1 kg)                  RM2.85

I only made 3/4 cups of scrub as I wanted to keep it fresh. I packed my homemade scrub into a recycled cranberry jar (I knew that all those jars that I have been saving would come in handy some day!) 

The smell of my Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub was simply lovely and the scrub left my skin feeling silky smooth. 

I still lots have of ingredients left to try out other scrub recipes :) Love!

No comments: