Saturday, March 26, 2016

Review: Tesco Club Card Touch N Go


I recently had been looking around for information  about Touch n Go cards online and found very little information with regards to how much they cost. The Touch n Go card that I'm currently using of mine was purchased years ago and I wanted to check the current prices.

I figured that I should get a second backup Touch n Go card for the occasions when I might drop my Touch n Go card in the car (yup, that has happened to me a few times before) and it was too dark to go looking for it when I've already driven up to the reader at the toll gates (and not to mention hold up the line of impatient drivers behind me!).

Before this, I used to just drive up and pay by cash to the toll operators but the highway that I take to work has gone fully electronic and thus, the option of paying by cash is no longer available. On top of that, I've got to make sure that I've got a credit available at all time on my Touch n Go card. So, I just figured that I might as well get a back up card, just in case.

Upon talking to a colleageue of mine at work, she suggested that I get the Tesco Club Card. It sounded like a good idea and I went to Tesco a few days later to purchase my Touch n Go card. I already had a Tesco Club Card prior to this but mine didn't have the Touch n Go function so I converted my normal Tesco Club Card to the Tesco Club Card for the one that also has the Touch n Go function. This card can be used to collect points when shopping in Tesco as well as can be uploaded with credit for the Touch n Go function. I like it that it combines two functions in one card and I have one less card to carry around in my purse.

The Tesco Club Card with Touch n Go costs RM8.50 to purchase and comes with zero credit. You'll need to upload it with credit. Uploading the card with credit is free of charge if done at Tesco.

Just to note, the Touch N Go card normally costs RM10.60 if purchased elsewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tesco Club Card with Touch n Go 
Retail Price:  RM8.50 (Normally sold for RM10.60 elsewhere)
Available in Tesco
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: