Monday, May 25, 2015

Review: Stila Blooming Bright Convertible Color Trio


Sephora recently had a Black Card Members Sale with 20% discount storewide.

I saw the Stila Convertible Trio Sets (there are two to choose from) a few months back and put them on my wish list.

My wish list is one that I create in my head of things that I'd like to have but I'm not sure if it's something that would be something I would really use or just an impulse purchase. So when I see something, I normally don't purchase it immediately but instead wait a little bit to see how I would feel about it much later.

When I received the member's sale text message from Sephora, I  just had to go as I'd been eyeing the Stila Color Convertible Trio for quite some time and thought that I would drop by on the off chance that they might still have them.

I already own a full sized Stila Color Convertible in Magnolia which came  in the set that I purchased last Christmas and I love it and wear it everyday. Magnolia is not a bright color and is easy to use. It also gives my cheeks a lovely flush of color that looks natural.

So, I've been wanting to try out the other colors in the line but since I'm on a tight budget, I didn't want to purchase them at full price.

These are limited edition, I think. I thought that the small packaging would be ideal for me since very little is needed for each wear and I would prefer the color variety over the quatity of product. I've been using my Stila Color Convertible in Magnolia to work every day and I have yet to hit pan!


The Blooming Bright Convertible Color Trio is made up of the shades Lilium, Petunia and Hibiscus. These cute little sizes come with a mirror inside the compact!


At first, I found the colors difficult to blend out when applied using my fingers as the colors are quite bright. 

I later discovered a method of applying cream blushers online and decided to give it a try and I'm happy to say, it works! 

What's the method, you ask? Well, apply I these colors using a make up sponge and dab the color onto my cheeks. It gives me more control as to where I want the color to go and also the intensity of color that I want.

_____________________________________________________________

Stila Blooming Bright Convertible Color Trio
RM 70.00 (I purchased mine for RM 56.00 during Sephora's 20% off storewide sale in May)
2 g/ 0.07 oz
Made in China
_____________________________________________________________

No comments: