Monday, May 02, 2016

The Star Fit for Life 2016

The Star Fit for Life is a health fair which was held at the Mid Valley Shopping Mall from April 29 to May 1, 2016. I was there on Saturday, April 30, 2016.

                           The pre-registered visitors queuing up at 10:30 AM 

I pre-registered for the event via the Great Eastern website thinking that by pre-registering for the event I would be able to breeze through the registration process. Boy, was I wrong.

There were two lines for registration: one for pre-registered visitors and one for walk ins. The pre-registration line was extremely slow while the walk ins just breezed in. So much for pre-registering, huh.

I received a goodie bag from Great Eastern while those who walked in received a goodie bag from The Star.

Fit for Life 2016 Goodie Bag courtesy of Great Eastern

Here's what was in my goodie bag:
1. A Great Life Card
2, A cutlery set (consisting of a fork, a spoon and a pair of chopsticks) in a pouch
3. A pen
4. An itty bitty multicoloured spiral bound note book
5. A hand towel
6. A pack of Watson's velvety soft pocket tissues
7. A Yogood strawberry muesli bar
8. A First Aid Info pack from Glenegales Hospital

The Great Life Card got me a free salad by Chai Bar.

The Great Eastern Signature Salad by Chai Bar

While I was there, I also got a free recyclable shopping bag from Guardian. It's called 'the little orange bag' but it's anything but little. I like it that it's light enough for me to carry it in my handbag.

I also got a health test done. The health test required a purchase from Guardian to qualify for the complimentary tests. You can read more about the tests here.

No comments: