Sunday, May 01, 2016

Health Checks at Fit for Life 2016

I'm always game for free health checks that are normally given at health fairs in shopping malls as it gives me the opportunity to see how I'm doing.

I have been looking forward to this fair as I am always game for free/ complimentary health checks that they usually offer in such fairs. I was there yesterday. 

Prior to going to this fair, three weeks ago, I had a free blood cholesterol level check by Biogrow in a small health fair in One Utama on April 10, 2016. The result was anything but great. My blood cholesterol reading was 5.3 mmol/l (note: a good reading is less than 5.2 mmol/l). Okay, so it was not high but it was on the borderline, something that I wasn't not comfortable with.

To be honest, I've been letting my food choices slide. I've been having way too many Mc D's breakfasts and KFC lunches. I've been making my food choices based on convenience rather than health. Not good, I know.

My not so stellar cholesterol reading was a good enough nudge for me to get my act together and to reconsider what I was consuming daily.  I decided to take my own lunch to work on most days and to get back to eating oatmeal with fruit on at least five days a week. I also amped up my running.

At the Fit for Life 2016 health fair, I got a complimentary health check by Guardian. I qualified for this by just making a purchase at Guardian booth at the fair.


Here are the results:
1, Glucose Level - 5.0 mmol/l (I was fasting since I knew I was coming for the tests, by the way)

2. Cholesterol Level - 4.34 mmol/l (Woohooo!!! I was ecstatic as I thought that I it would be only around the 5.2 level but I was told by the very nice pharmacist on duty (Natasha Thaker) that it is quite easy to reduce blood cholesterol levels quickly. This is cetainly good to know)

3. My metabolic rate is 23 years!!! (This came as a complete surprise but I'm not complaining!)

I'm glad that my health check turned out okay. Phew! At least, I know that I'm doing it right. 




  


No comments: