Monday, October 19, 2015

The e-Ticket Adventure

I've been looking around at flight deals for my upcoming December holidays for a past couple of weeks or so. As is normally the case, I take a mighty long time to come up with a decision as I like to do loads of research to know that I have looked at all the possible options out there.

So I finally got my act together and decided to purchase my flight tickets online. After weeks of careful planning, making sure that I selected the right flights, I finally clicked on the purchase button and then, I got a big, fat, NOTHING!!!

Okay, so that wasn't really true --- Sure, the booking number appeared on the screen but I figured that there was no need to copy it down since I would get an confirmation email anyway that would contain my booking number, right? Wrong!!! I received NO confirmation email!!! Opps... maybe I should have had a pencil and paper on hand and copied down the booking number.... Too late now as the screen had changed and I no longer could access that page --- RATS!!!

Hmmm......maybe it was a little slow in the tube getting from wherever it was supposed to be generated to me. A few minutes came and went.... and then half an hour went by...still nothing in my email inbox.

I decided to drop an email with the air carrier's help desk. Let me tell you that it is an unnerving feeling especially when you have paid a lot of $$$ and the almost immediate text message from your bank confirms that the $$$ has already been billed to your credit card but you have yet to receive a confirmation email of your booking! Now what?????

As it turned out, the confirmation email containing the e-ticket was a late as I received it a few hours later (close to FOUR HOURS later, to be exact), but hey, it finally came in..... and all was well and I could finally go to bed (it was a quarter past 12 midnite by then).

No comments: