Saturday, October 31, 2015

Silkygirl Double Intense Eye Shadow & Silkygirl Moisture Shine Lipstick Review


Alpro has a warehouse sale going on in Jaya 33 now and I purchased the Silkygirl Double Intense Eye Shadow in 05 Silver Star and the Silkygirl Moisture Shine Lipstick in 08 Moonlight Pink.

I've never tried any Silkygirl eye shadow before this but since this was deeply discounted, I thought that it would be a great way to give it a try and if it doesn't work out, at least I didn't spend an arm and a leg buying it.

I tried on both products today. I applied the Double Intense Eye Shadow over my NYX eyeshadow primer and was pleasantly surprised as there was no fall out from  either color during application. I applied them using my Zoeva brushes and not the sponge applicator that it came with. I also had no problem with the colors looking washed out or fading on me. I must say though that the silver grey shade is growing on me.

Okay, so I didn't need to purchase ANOTHER lippie but it was cheap! The Moisture Shine Lipstick is a pretty pink. This product has been discontinued, I think, as I didn't see it at either of the two Silkygirl stands that I went to recently.

This is not a lipstick for those of you who prefer a lot of color pay off. This lippie feels moisturising enough when first applied but I found that it tends to dry my lips after a few hours. I have to wear this with a lip gloss otherwise my lips will chap and chapped lips are certainly NOT sexy ;)

All in all, I'm quite pleased with my two purchases at warehouse prices!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silkygirl Double Intense Eye Shadow in 05 Silver Star | 3.2g
RM6.00 (I purchased it during the Alpro Warehouse Sale; Normal Retail Price is RM16.90)
Made in Malaysia
Available in Guardian, Watsons
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Silkygirl Moisture Shine Lipstick in 08 Moonlight Pink
RM5.00 (I purchased it during the Alpro Warehouse Sale; I think this product has been discontinued as I could not find it at any of the Silkygirl stands in town)
Made in Malaysia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: