Thursday, February 25, 2016

Soap & Glory Crazy Sexy Kohl Review


I saw this on the Boots website after Xmas while I was in London and seeing that it was on sale at half off, I just had to have it! So off I went to the nearest Boots outlet the very next morning and was thankful to have been able to snag one of the last few tins of the Crazy Sexy Kohl left on the shelf (and boy, were they going fast!!!).


Soap & Glory's Crazy Sexy Kohl is a set of 5 different colored kohl pencils (black, brown, blue, purple and green) packaged in an eyeliner pencil box, or to be more accurate, tin. 

I wanted to try the Smoulder Kohl before this but the normal retail price of £5 each too much to pay for a product that I wasn't sure if it was going to work out for me given my oily skin condition. However, at the half off price of £7 for the entire tin, each pencil costs around RM10, making the kit a steal, if you ask me. 

As it normally goes with me, I use my eyeliners up one by one and I have only tried using one of the Smoulder Kohls which is the Superblack one. I have read great reviews about this product and was interested in finding out how it would perform on my super oily skin in a super humid climate.

It goes on well and have been often compared to Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliners by other reviewers in the blogosphere. It is super creamy and smooth and goes on without any tugging or pulling. The color payoff is also great.

When I first applied it on my lids, the color smudged and transfered onto my crease by the end of the day. I had to touch up at about lunch time as I didn't want it to look seriously like smoky eyes.

When applied on my waterline, the color lasted for about an hour and a half before travelling down to the skin beneath my lower lashes. Hmmm....I really wanted this product to work for me....

Determined to make it work, I later tried applying this eyeliner to my lids and then smudging it out with an eyeliner brush and it worked! This method makes the product last on my super oily eyelids for the entire day. Yay!

I love this product.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soap & Glory |Crazy Sexy Kohl
Made in the UK
£14.00 (Normal Retail Price), I got mine for £7.00 (Half Price After Xmas Sale at Boots, London)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: