Sunday, April 12, 2015

Catrice Photo Finish 18 Hour Liquid Foundation Review



I've been using this product every day for over a week or so now and I'm ready to write a review on it.

The Catrice Photo Finish 18 Hour Liquid Foundation comes in a 30 ml frosted glass pump bottle and a clear cap. I like the pump as it's pretty easy to control if I want to dispense less than a pump of product. This is an oil free foundation and it is creamy in texture.

I get a light to medium coverage when applied with my buffer brush and more of a medium coverage when applied with a makeup sponge. Personally, I find that this looks better on me if I apply it with my buffer brush instead of a makeup sponge.

Finding a matching shade may be a problem for many people as there are only three shades to choose from (I wish they would make more). I bought mine the shade 020 Rosy Beige which I think is a tad too light for me when I first put it on in the mornings but I find that the foundation oxides as the day goes on and then, it looks okay on my skin.

I read somewhere that this is a dupe for Makeup Forever's Mat Velvet. This foundation doesn't transfer as much as the Bourjois 123 Perfect foundation. Once on the skin, it feels light and it lasts around 5 hours on my extremely oily skin before my oil blotters have to come to the rescue. Around mid day, I normally would blot my face and apply setting powder and that lasts till the end of my workday.

Overall, I love this product. I have read many complaints about the rosy scent of this foundation but I have no issues with it. The best thing about this product, I think, is that it's great value for the price.

The Good
The price!
It's a good quality product.
The pump dispenser allows me enough control to dispense less than one pump for product.

The Not So Great
The colour selection is small (only three shades, to be exact).
The rosy scent may be an issue with some people.

Update May11, 2015:
I purchased the next shade 030 Caramel Beige as I found the shade that I had initially bought, 020 Rose Beige, to be a little bit light for my skin (yes, this was only after 6 weeks of wearing the lighter shade!). In order to not waste the lighter shade, I now mix the two shades together.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catrice Photo Finish 18 Hour Liquid Foundation | 30 ml 
Made in Germany
Retail Price: RM 37.90 (I purchased mine for RM26.55 as it was on 30% discount)
Available from selected Guardian outlets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: