Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ladies Parking in Mid Valley Megamall

I haven't been to Mid Valley for a while now and upon my there today, I was pleasantly surprised to find a ladies only car park zone. Upon researching online, I discovered that this is Mid Valley's response to providing a safer car park zone for women shoppers (particularly single female shoppers) after a recent incident in June where a woman was robbed and slashed in the head (read the news report here).

The Ladies Parking zone is manned by security guards and only for women shoppers. There is a barrier gate into this zone which is operated by the security guards on duty (the guards check to ensure that there are only women in the vehicle before opening the barrier gate).

Sign showing the way to the Ladies Parking zone.


While most of the other parking spaces were already filled up when I got there this morning, I was happy to find that there were plenty of parking spaces at 11:15 am today (and it's a Saturday morning, mind you!).

No comments: