Friday, September 30, 2011

Mon Meill Swarovski Zirconia Earrings and Necklace

Yay!!! My Groupon order arrived this morning! It was delivered Pos Laju and the mail man was super nice and friendly :)

I redeemed the Groupon on September 11 and got a confirmation email from them saying that my order had been received and that I would receive my order "within 14 working days (not inclusive of Saturdays and Sundays)". So going by that, I received my order on the 14th day which falls within the 14 working days delivery mentioned in their email to me.

I purchased a set of Swarovski Zirconia necklace and earrings set in 18 karat white gold plated 925 silver sterling. I don't know how true the 18 karat white gold plating claim is but time will tell --- if it changes colour, then I'll know that I've been short changed but hopefully, everything will be as stated in the deal and all will be fine (Insya Allah). So take a look at it...

It comes in a gift box

 The back of the jewellery pouch

The earrings and necklace --- nice!

I like that the necklace has two rings along the chain where you can hook the clasp to which allows me to have two lengths to choose from when wearing the necklace. I prefer to wear mine shorter. Solitaires look so much nicer when they sit in the hollow between your collar bones.

And now, it's onto the test to see if it will tarnish over time or not... hopefully not!

8 comments:

Faeiz Saad said...

Hi there. want to ask regarding the necklace and earring. did you enjoy it? does it worth the price paid?

am planning to get 1 for my wife, and appreciate your information. thanks

jungleorchid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jungleorchid said...

Hey there Faeiz!

While I am well aware that there are many people out there who are disgruntled with their purchases, I must say that I'm not one of them.

I guess, you just have to be realistic about it all. For the price that you'll be paying for your purchase, you'll be getting Swarovski crystals which are quality crystals.

I think many people are griping over the fact that the chain clearly says that it's 925 silver although the deal claims that it's a white gold plated silver chain which to me, is a gray area since there is no way to determine how true this claim is.

To date though, my chain hasn't tarnished but to be honest, I haven't been wearing the chain much and when I do, I only wear it for a few hours. I guess, for me, it makes a nice affordable treat to add to my existing collection of play jewellery.

Anyway, I hope this helps you make a decision :)

Faeiz Saad said...

thanks. yeah, i agree that it's all depend on expectation. tonight is the last night for me to place an order, and will be making decision later.

thanks again :-)

celine said...

hey, would like to know how's your necklace or earrings now? Do the necklace or the earrings change colour?I'm planning to get one set too.. =)

jungleorchid said...

Hi Celine!

The colour of the necklace and earrings seems good to me but just to let you know, I haven't worn the set often.

Good luck with your purchase! :)

siao1 said...

Hi, Just wanted to ask for your experience. Is the pendant and earrings in good condition when you receive as in no scratches and the crystal is it shining?

jungleorchid said...

Hi Siao1,

I didn't find any problems with the product when I received it. There were no scratches on the Swarovski Zirconia and yes, it was shining.