Wednesday, January 02, 2008

a delivery for me??? really???







There I was, feeling sorry for myself that I had to go to work on my birthday... sob, sob, sob... (I normally go on holiday around this time of the year). The day went by slowly. Many people at work had taken the day off for a long new year weekend.

I left work after lunch to go to the library to source for my reading materials this semester. Around 3 pm, I received a text message from one of my colleagues saying that someone had sent me flowers and a teddy bear. My first response was, "Really???". Hmmm... there I was already in the university and there was a delivery for me in the office. Anyway, I nipped back to the office (I was pushing for time) but I really couldn't leave the flowers in the office since the following day was a holiday PLUS I have to admit that I was curious to see this "delivery".

Wow... the flowers were REALLY lovely!!! Thank you!!! :) :) :) ...and all this while I thought that I had to go out and buy my own birthday present!